At South Orange County Bankruptcy, we know that your bankruptcy is only part of your concern. You also want to get back to a normal life. This includes rebuilding your credit score as fast as possible.
For years, we have been meeting with clients who are terrified about the future: How they survive in a world that will judge you based on your credit score? You need credit to rent an apartment, buy a car. In fact, more and more, employers are running credit checks on potential employees.
We’ve listened to your bankruptcy concerns and can help!
- FILING BANKRUPTCY IS THE FIRST STEP TO REBUILDING YOUR CREDIT SCORE. Interestingly, bankruptcy, which hopefully you have already filed through our firm, can actually be the first step in raising your credit score. This is because approximately one-third of your credit score is based upon your debt to credit ratio. Thus, by reducing your outstanding debt to ZERO, bankruptcy can exert a positive effect. In fact, many clients receive an immediate 30 – 50 point jump in their credit score after their discharge.
- POST-BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE CREDIT REPAIR. Once you receive a bankruptcy discharge, your credit reports should thereafter report each debt only a $0.00 balance with the notation of “discharged in bankruptcy.” Reporting anything else is simply unlawful. For instance, the following, pre-bankruptcy filing items would not be lawful for a creditor to report:
- Balance of $10,000
- Past Due $500
- Charge Off on (date after bankruptcy filing date)
- 90 days past due (if past due arose after filing date)
- Foreclosure (if took place after bankruptcy filing date)
- Repossession (if took place after filing date)
Credit reporting agencies – a new friend after a bankruptcy.
After helping you obtain a bankruptcy discharge, we have a program to make sure all the credit bureaus are notified of your bankruptcy filing and discharge. We will prepare letters for you to send to each of the three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) to make sure all accounts are reporting a $0.00 balance and “included in bankruptcy.”
After sending out the letters, you can pull all three credit reports 45 days later to confirm that the proper notations have been made. Thereafter, we recommend that you get a copy of your credit report 6 months after discharge, since in many cases, the creditor only temporarily complies with the laws, but later reports the false information after you think it was correct.
You must take these steps. Too many people decide to wipe their hands clean of credit. As time passes, instead of having poor credit, they end up with no credit. Unfortunately, no credit is just as bad as poor credit.
I have great news: normally this post-bankruptcy credit repair service costs $500 per person. However, we are pleased to offer this to our clients at the discounted rate of only $249 per person or couple! This is a 50% savings!
To gain access to this amazing credit rebuilding program, call South Orange County Bankruptcy today at (949) 916-1111 or email us to discuss how we can get started on this next important step.